Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What she's doing now

will likely change by tomorrow. But, I want to remember this stuff, so...
Let's see.

  • She insists on wearing her new Barbie sunglasses with the butterflies everytime we are outside. And she calls them "Sunglashes" which is a little speech inpedement that she mimics from her friend Judson.
  • Makes me say "please" when I want something.
  • Loves vacuums. It's becoming ridiculous. At first meeting, people expect and hope for a smile, maybe, a "hi". But when I introduce her to new people, she says immediately, "Mommy has a YELLOW vacuum, I have a RED vacuum. Do you like vacuums?" And I get this look, like "Huh?"
  • I'm having to lay on her floor at night until she goes to sleep. We put on a little Coldplay music, and I lay there, and I watch her eyes drift. When I finally make my getaway - usually about when my fingers touch the door knob- I hear "Mommy, lay down!" (and we start all over again.)
  • My favorite look is one where she squints her eyes, gives a half-smile, and shrugs her shoulders. I haven't been able to capture it on camera yet, but it's pretty darn cute.
  • She loves tea time. I bought a tea set for $5 at target and it was the best $5 I ever spent.
  • When she gets REALLY mad. Whether it be at Marlin for knocking her down, me for not letting her have any more goldfish, or not changing the radio station, etc. she YELLS as loud as she can, "I GOT BOO-BOO!" If you hear those words, you can be sure you set her off!
  • She sings she sings she sings. I love her songs.
  • We're working really hard to improve her diet. More fruits and veggies, less crackers and fruit snacks. But every now and then, Mommy needs some ice cream.

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I know I've said it before but I'm sure Breck and Macie would be great friends if we lived close. I love these posts about the milestones and fun new things Macie is doing. They always make me smile and laugh and relate. Breck got a tea set as a gift and I will forever return the favor and purchase them for others as gifts because she hasn't stopped playing with it yet and her bday was 6+months ago.

Keep singing Macie!

Amy said...

She's gettin so big! And I'm so glad she's teachin you manners - geesh! :)

Amy said...

She's quite the little girl. You will love to read this again one day.

Kat said...

She is adorable and I love the new header. So cute! I might have to hit you up on reccommendations in denver for photography. I keep mentioning to graham that we need family pics.

Katherine said...

Hey Kat! Thanks, and Good news!

Costco just took on Family Tree Photography, and later this month you can go to Costco to get family portraits.
Go to www.familytreephotographers.com to preview or sign up for a session. My brother is the owner and primary photographer at this point. Hope this helps!

gina marie said...

I LOVE her!!!! Everything about that sweet girl!