Thursday, December 31, 2009

Where are we now?

I loved looking at last year's resolutions. Let's see how we scored:

1) I pledge to get in shape, start eating better.... I definitely worked out more in 2009 than 2008. Ran a half marathon without even training. Loving my lunchtime yoga classes on Mondays.
2) send birthday cards on peoples b-days.
Um, I don't know if there is a single person...oh wait, Jackie Ekenberg, was the sole recipient of a Birthday card from me in 2009.
3) Use our bikes. I'm getting them all tuned up, getting Macie a little wagon thingy, and off we go.....
We got our bikes tuned up.... You see, I dropped them off at the bike shop in May, and picked them up in October. We haven't taken them out yet. I am so ashamed! Macie has a wagon thingy that has yet to be assembled. We did, however, go on bike rides in San Diego and Hilton Head Island. That counts for something!
4) Give more. This year I want to give time in addition to $$.
So, happy to say that in 2009, I adopted a child from Compassion Intl. We love writing and receiving letters from her. Cleaned up an old city playground and now, I "teach Sunday School" to the 2-year olds every Sunday morning at church. I love this one. It feels so good!
5) I will not go to bed at night without all clean laundry folded and put away.
Ha!
6) I (we) will save enough money to have a nice family vacation in a new destination (like Southeast Asia... or maybe San Fransisco) early 2010. Maybe New York City (in two weeks) counts? Eric saved and paid for this!
6) I will meet my neighbors, and become their best friends, and we will have SO much fun.
Um, no. We don't talk, and one of my neighbors called animal control on Marlin. (again, so ashamed!). This one makes me kind of sad because our Kansas neighbors were so awesome!
7) I will wake up 1 hour prior to Macie... .
Ha!
8) I will make Eric a happy husband. And be #1 mom to Macie. Totally. - right honey? Macie thinks I am #1.
9) I will meet someone famous and get invited to their dinner parties.
I brought dessert to Amy and Vinces house. Then I served all their friends some Chicken. We laughed, we cried, I told jokes, they sang me songs. (I'm joking). Did meet some famous people, did "get invited" to work their dinner parties :)


Here are Eric's resolutions:
1) Drink More Water. Good job baby. Now, you are perfect! (stay tuned for my new resolution list for Eric ;-)


Macie's resolutions
1) Poo Poo and Pee Pee in the Potty (You go girl! She's a pro at this. This year she needs to learn how to wipe her own booty (TMI?)
2) Be nicer to Mommy in the mornings. We're making progress!
3) Continue to be so darn cute! She's pretty darn cute....

2 comments:

gina marie said...

I think that you accomplished the MOST important thing on your list. To give more. That is awesome!

Jackie said...

Thank you Thank you for my birthday card. I'm awful and missed yours : (
I love your resolutions. Inspiring.