Saturday, June 19, 2010

Am I nesting?

I was in a closet clean-out craze today. Actually, I started dreaming of my closet clean-out last Monday...
Why? Because I am so darn inspired by these home improvement blogs! I see something...and I want to copy it!
I saw this from www.younghouselove.com and I thought "Now that is EXACTLY what my closet needs!I'm embarrassed to even show what our front closet looked like before. It was one of those doors, you just don't open. Ok. Here it is. Actually, I took out some junk before I took this photo, so really it was much worse.
I analyzed their closet because I will admit, organization is a major weakness of mine. Today I made a run through Target, and set sail on getting my closet ORGANIZED. And not just clean, but with a system. I'm happy to say - Mission complete! I looked around and any loose ends within a 5 foot radius now has a HOME in here. (Honey, I'll give you a tutorial when you get home :))
And then I opened the linen closet to grab a towel. Oh it was a sour sight. There is no before photo, but imagine not even being able to see where one shelf ends and another begins. So, I cleaned, and organized. (Check on me in a year to see if this lasts!)
I think I am nesting! I keep thinking this chaos has to end if I plan on managing 2 children. Either way, this had to happen. I had to clean. Next I MUST organize our Laundry closet before our new washer and dryer arrive. Here's my inspiration for that, but clearly a long shot! I do want to paint the room a CLEAN, fresh laundry kind of color... but I'll probably forego the chandelier (seems a little much for a laundry room don't you think?).

5 comments:

gina marie said...

impressive! where do you find time to do this stuff?!?!

Jackie said...

thanks...gave me the motivation to clean our hall closet today and purge.

Macie Days said...

Gina, without my wine, and no fall line-up on tv, it's amazing how productive I have been!

Linda Young said...

Oh, my goodness! I have seen those closets!!! What a change! Would you please come nest at our home in Thornton?

Kat said...

Oh you are very nesty but take advantage!!! As for the home improvement blogs I have never found them but have a feeling I might be addicted! Our new washer and dryer arrive tomorrow and I never thought about decorating that room:) Thanks for the inspiration!