Okay.
Now.
The thing that comes with cohabiting, is, well, getting used to each other's habits. Eric is very ritualistic. I can tell you EXACTLY his every move from when he wakes up until when he leaves for work... and he eats the same snacks, watches the same channels, sits in the same spot. I am mostly content with it all, except there is one little thing that makes my blood pressure rise.
Eric has a need to have JUST A BITE of packaged items in both our pantry and refrigerator. He's done this for our entire 7 years of marriage and I have tried to remedy/fix this every way possible.
Year 1: "Oh honey, you are so cute eating just a little bite... you must be saving the other half of that granola bar for me - you know you can have it!"
Year 2: "Baby, I'm going to put all your half's of gatorade bottles in one little pitcher just for you"
Year 3: "Eric, the yogurt only has 12 carbs and 90 calories.. you should just eat the whole thing!"
Year 6: "Seriously??? If you aren't going to eat it, JUST THROW AWAY THE REST!!!"
Year 7: [Breathe. Write a Note. And again... a lost cause. It clearly didn't work.]

But dang it, it is hard to be mad at a guy with those big brown eyes, big bear hugs, and random surprises like this certainly makes me forget ALL about those half eaten yogurts!

Wouldn't you know it, one of Eric's regulars at the restaurant is the producer for CMT Crossroads. We have some amazing seats to tonight's show. Looking forward to a date night with my prince charming...all half eaten yogurt cups will be forgotten.
3 comments:
I really got a chuckle out of this. We recently had the same conversation. His father does the same exact thing. He will go into the cookie jar and eat 1/2 of a cookie (who ever heard of eating 1/2 of a cookie)and put the other half back in the container. He will go back 20 minutes later and eat another half of a whole cookie, not the remaining half of the first cookie he had already eaten. We now have a cookie jar with several cookie halves. When I told Bud about your comment he said that when Eric was living with him they would go shopping for junk food, open all the packages and just have a taste of everthing!!!!! So, as annoying as it may be, you can't blame Eric because it is genetic. So sorry, but I share your pain! Love you, Grace
That is such a funny post! Eric!!! I love that guy! He is so good for you and to you. How was the concert?!?!
Holy crap it is genetic! I do the same thing! I even drive my friends crazy at restaurants when I order dessert to only have a bite! I wonder if Macie will do it too......LOL
Post a Comment