This blog showed me how to do this. Looked easy enough, and it was! Easy, and pretty quick. I probably had the whole thing done in an hour.
I made some modifications because I didn't have a circle ring... so I made a cardboard square. Granted, this wreath isn't going to be something that will carry on through the years, but I'm loving it this fall! And the best part... it didn't cost me a penny.
First, made a square out of a cardboard box. Reinforced it by actually hot-glueing two together to make it thick

Gathered some magnolia leaves from the neighborhood... and even dabbed them with metallic paint just like Centsational Girl.
(I'm a full-blown copy-cat when I can be... my creative gene is a little lacking). Then hot-glued each leave onto the cardboard. One at a time... but they're on there. They are stuck like glue! Hot glue.

Hot glued them all down, and made a bow with ribbon we already had.
I LOVE our new wreath. Simply love it.

5 comments:
I LOVE it!!! You are creative! I totally prefer the square to the circle.
I made this yesterday. I wanted a halloween wreath. I got orange ny glossy paint and a black bow and the leaves from my neighbors tree. Turned out very cute. Thanks for the idea!
so how many leaves did you use?
Hi Dawn!
Probably around 40 ish??? I just gathered. I don't think you can have too many leaves!
Carrie, I want to see your wreath! Send pics/post pics to FB!
Post a Comment