Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dirty House, Clean Bum

Aw Man! I am forever grateful for my mom and sister who were amazing help during Finley's first couple weeks home. But only 2 days gone, and I am realizing exactly HOW MUCH of a help they were! Laundry is piled high, our living room a tornado, and Macie's bathroom? Forget about it. We implemented a new rule for her TODAY. It's called "No closing the bathroom door" rule. I don't know what game she is playing, but it ends up a BIG mess with happy songs. Macie makes big messes, and Finley is really not digging the whole laying down thing... she wants to be held, and rocked, and coddled. And she's a baby, so I get that. I guess, I am just really yearning for a system again. A way of life, and a schedule. I need to get adjusted.
One thing I can say is that I am not sleep deprived, or at least I don't feel like I am. That's really awesome.

We do have one system in place that is working wonderfully. It's Finley's reusable cloth wipes! Sounds nasty, but oh so clean. And smells good too! She initially reacted to huggies wipes, but her bum is loving these!
I think I like the "system" of these wipes!
Two containers, one with clean wipes, in water and a couple drops of chamomile and lavender essential oils. One with dirty wipes in a mesh bag with water and tea tree and lemon essential oils. Once the dirty container is full, just take the whole mesh bag and throw in the washer. Oh so natural, and these will last forever!
If you are my friend, and you are pregnant, you might be getting this as a gift from me...

No comments: