Macie had her dance "Winter Showcase" this morning, To be honest, I wasn't really sure what to expect, so I put Macie's hair in a bun, and basically told her we were going to ballet like any other Saturday.
We arrived 30 minutes early to an auditorium we've never visited before and Macie was wisked away backstage with her teacher. The auditorium was already dark and full of families and friends with cameras, At this point, I realized I probably did not adequately prepare her for what was happening.
Fast forward 20 minutes and Eric and I were watching nicely rehearsed dances by girls from 6-18 years old. Each dance began and ended with a pitch black stage as we heard a scurry of footsteps to the center stage. I started to dread Macies turn. What would she do when she saw the hundreds of faces looking back at her. Would she need me? Because we were definitely hidden in the crowd. Does she even know her steps?
Turns out, only one other girl from Macie's class of 4 showed up... Eric and I saw Macie on stage, we started to worry, then we laughed (hence the shaking camera), and then we cried.
(blurry image because the zoom was maxed out, but Macie is on the left)
4 comments:
She did such a good job. Really cute.
I've sat through many dance recitals and she did awesome.
so cute!
Oh she is the most precious butterfly! That video brought tears to my eyes! She did so good!!! No wonder Eric was beaming!
Post a Comment