Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Recap

No doubt about it, 2010 has been a blessed year in the Martino house. My mom was telling me yesterday how she spends New Years Eve counting her blessings of the year. I think that is a fantastic way to end a year.

Well, the biggie for the year, of course, is the birth of our sweet Finley. But, 2010 has filled me with joy as I have watched Macie learn daily, and I have laughed like I never knew I could laugh as she verbalizes her learning! I love it when she asks me what a word means, or draws a new detail her drawings. Wow, parenthood is a-mazing. I've tried to be Martha Stewart all year long, and I have not succeeded, but in the process, I have learned a lot, and I think I've come a ways in the organization realm of things...still a lot to learn! I gained 40 lbs, and then lost 30. That was fun. I ate lots of desserts, and just recently started depriving myself of desserts. I have made friends, and continue to be grateful for the wonderful friends here in Nashville. Had an amazing time away with my husband in Miami, and lately, needing some alone time with him too.
Eric has worked HARD this year. He continues to impress me with his ability to always give 110% in every aspect of his life. He has brought the restaurant to another level... blowing away what was expected of him, and this Carrabba's is now in record sales on a daily basis.
He has done countless cooking segments for our local news networks, and even pursued his dream job with the Food Network. Got one callback... and that's worth noting!
Eric has friends! I know it sounds wierd, but it isn't easy for this guy to have friend friends, because he can't really get too close with his employees. But, now he has his guys, and his basketball team and together they have won 2 league championships! And between all this, when he comes home, he is HOME. We get his undivided attention without cell phones or work, and so, even though he works crazy long hours, his time at home is quality. He and Macie have a friendship that is unmatched. She loves her daddy, and boy, he loves her.

Macie is the diva she was born to be. She's grown like a weed, and continues to impress me with her love of learning. She found her first love - Garrett. She wants to marry him. She has been obsessed with the "Snake Book" since Halloween... I think it scared her enough to make a mark! She's bossy and polite at the same time. She can write and spell her name, she's learned how to text Aunt Gina... and her texts usually look like this:
Macie
Macie
Macie
I loath her love for the bathroom. She wore a headband every day in 2010, and now she only wears dresses with tights.
Finley. We are still getting to know our newest family member. Finley is mellow. I did really want a chill baby... how did she know? Finley's recent bout with RSV has her mom a nervous wreck almost all the time, and I just want to know that she is happy. She sleeps more than I remember Macie ever sleeping. She is like a clock though, requiring to eat every 3 hours almost exactly. Even at night. Hardly cries at all!
Today, she rewarded me with what every mother could ever want from a child... her first smile.


It's been a blessed year without a doubt.

5 comments:

Kat said...

I love this post! Your girls and family are just fabulous!

We are going through the dress and skirt phase as well. So santa brought many dresses so we could extend the wardrobe!

Happy new years!

gina marie said...

It has been a blessed year! 2010 was amazing. YOur post put sand in my eyes. I am excited for 2011 and love your idea to keep doing everything you do but with more gusto! Love that...and am going to copy that:-) Happy New Year!

Laura Thomas Hall said...

Great post and I love seeing Finley healthy and smiling.

The Martino clan is a blessing to my family!

Jackie said...

I relate to this post so much having girls at similar ages and with similar personalities :) good idea to still enjoy desserts through the holidays, then limit!

Jackie said...

Breck talks of 'Charlie; from her school a LOT so I can relate. They are similar girls aren't they. Words can't explain how great though. 2010 was a blessing. Here's to the same in 2011.