
We are working on Macie's "inside voice". She has one set volume, and it's loud. When Eric and I tag team at the grocery store, I always know which isle he is in, if he is pushing the cart with Macie.
I will say, she is great with brewing my coffee in the morning and also very good at playing quietly in her room until I stumble out of bed. That is so nice! I am so grateful for the fact that she loves her baby sister so much. You know, I wasn't so lucky. My brother mostly dispised me from the second I was born until I was about 14 (and he left for college)... refused to touch me in family pictures, and was down-right mean. I remember being so excited about him letting me play with him one halloween. Here's how the game worked: I could throw my candy at him. Hmmmm... hind sight 20/20, that wasn't him really wanting to play. Oh well, we're pretty close now, I don't hold grudges. Nevertheless... Macie loves Finley, and by Finley's tolerence - eh hem, smiles - she loves Macie back too! Question; Do you have a sibling? How'd ya'll get along growing up?
And I just can't refuse little baby chats with Finley. I am overjoyed.
5 comments:
One of the twins I currently nanny for had acid reflux...she would scream out of no where, and almost seemed like she was choking sometimes. They put her on some medicine..I wish I remembered. But it was just a quick squirt in the mouth 3 times a day (at first)...and it worked wonders. I think she wasnt quite 3 months old when she was put on it. She was on it till she was about one. Let me know if you are curious and I can find out what medicine it was. That might be something to look into so you dont have to give up coffee. I know I would die!!!! :)
(Old friend of Eric's from HS here)
I have a 6 month old, and she had BAD acid reflux. It usually starts around 1 month old, and the medicine really helped her. She cried all through feedings, and afterward never felt good enough to go to sleep. We inclined her crib by putting the bobby pillow under her mattress at one end. Eventually we just slowed down the medicine then eliminated completely at about 5 months old. I tried eliminating things from my diet (they usually say Dairy), but to me, it made no difference. The medicine was a life saver!
Boppy pillow that is!
Two siblings...a 4 year older bro who too thought I was miss annoying until we were both in college, and a 14 month older sister who I've always been close with despite different personalities! I love your posts about your girls. I always can relate.
Thanks for your advice ladies... good to know there are some options if the acid reflux gets worse and that I don't need to try giving up coffee :)
She has only had a couple little crying spells, but I'm going to talk to the dr at her next appointment for sure.
Jackie, sisters are great...reaffirming that there is no need for us to try for a boy :)
Post a Comment