Monday, January 10, 2011

More snow...

When we moved here, people told me it snows maybe once a year. Based on the number of TDOT trucks, you'd believe it, the roads here are horrendous with even a flake of snow. Somehow though, this year we've already had 3 winter storms.

The snow day today was welcomed by many, being that it fell on a Monday. Businesses were closed, and it was an excuse to stay home. For me, it meant extended cabin fever, and a day shorted from Macie's preschool too. A to-do list a mile long that remained a mile long. A very messy living room. Too much tv, and a short bout in the snow. BUT, also a fun and cozy day.

This snowman is a little better than the last but not yet complete. Naptime became imminent, we went inside, and by the time we were all up again, it was dark.
Marlin, our poor neglected pup, loves to romp in the snow. Doesn't he look happy? Sweet Macie loved the one-on-one time and so did I. I need to make a more conscious effort to get in that time with her now. She kept saying I was "the best mom she ever had!" I don't know who my competition is, but I'm glad I made it to the top!And Finley is just fun to dress up. Not so much fun to take out in the elements... she ended up napping inside, and I brought the monitor out with Macie and me.

It's funny how now that I am home all day, my list is still the same length. I may have cabin fever just a tad, but I do LOVE (love love love) maternity leave. I can say, I am not bored at all. And not lonely either. I could certainly do this stay-at-home thing, but I will also enjoy an abbreviated work week.
Next week is Finley's 2 month appointment. Already!

2 comments:

gina marie said...

I love your girls!!! And Marlin too.

Jackie said...

I see a lot of you Katherine in Finley.
Love that you're enjoying your time.