1) Save $ in 2010.
Create a budget. Stick to it. Ready? That starts today. Mmmm... nah, I can't say I got to be really good at this... we did do the necessary savings changes though to set us up better.. i.e. life insurance, more to 401(k), etc.
2) Read to Macie 20 minutes a day. I'd say 4-5 days a week we stuck to this. I need to read to her more.
3) Learn to sew. I still have a sewing maching in our attic. Eric thinks I should sell it, even though I BEGGED for it one Christmas (5 years ago). I'm going to learn BY MARCH. That is my goal. Ha! Sewing machine still in box - untouched.
4) Respect the things I own. If it is is worthy of being in my house, then it's worthy of being cared for and having it's own place. (Too many things in our house do not have a home). I got organized a bit... but if you saw our house this morning...it's pretty chaotic.
5) Consider the environment when purchasing. Weigh out forever in a landfill and the amount of useful time in our home. I'm good at this! I get an A+ this year on this.
6)Walk Marlin 4 mornings a week. Poor neglected Marlin. I'm so sorry bud.
7) Do 15 minute pick-up every morning, every night. 4 minute pick-up.
8) Plan meals for the week on Fridays, shop on Saturdays. Check! I plan on Sundays, shop on Sundays.
9) Eliminate gossip/complaining at work. This is a big one. Easy to get sucked in... so unhealthy. No :( I kept this unhealthy habit...
10) Make exercise a priority on lunch breaks. Schedule off-site meetings on my calendar to make it happen. Yes, until I got pregnant... then not so much.
11) Read one non-fiction book a month. I read that most millionaires to this. I did not do this.
THIS YEAR 2011:
I only have one major resolution, and that is to do things with more gusto! Give a little more of myself in the things I do. This goes from work, to play, to being a better mom, and a better wife. What if I just gave 10% more? I'd call that improvement. I'm going to start by cleaning my kitchen 10% better than normal... maybe I'll shine the sink!
Oh... and one more resolution that started about a week ago. Eric and I vowed to feed Macie healthier foods. NO McDonalds - EVER. Pizza, chicken nuggets, mac n cheese and other quick and easy options are only for the necessary occasions. It's time to give the girl lean protein, a good veggie and balanced meal - always. Rule is she has to TRY it... and then no meal at all, or eat it.
We are working through it, and in a week we've come a long way! I've been putting the plate in front of her, and we text Daddy a pic of her trying it. He replies with a "Happy Fish".
Here are our last text pics.
casserole with peas, chicken and greek yogurt. Not a hit, but tried.
3 comments:
You are by far the most fun and funny friend I have. I love your resolutions and you did good with last years. We need to watch Nora, her favorite food group is butter. Love that the Happy Fish works.
I love that you're such a goal setter.
my resolution is to remember to be grateful daily and 'make "someday", today' (my fave dove chocolate message:) maybe ill blog about it- you motivate me!
by the look on Macie's face, I can tell she really loves this new year's resolution you have made for her.
Post a Comment