In my opinion, 12 years old should be the last year kids can go trick-or-treating. After 12, its not nearly as cute. I know I learned the hard way.
In eighth grade, Sarah and I embarked on our usual Halloween candy route. Up the steep hill of Big Valley Drive and and around where all the big houses gave full size candybars. We had our pillow-cases, determined to get even more candy than the year before.
I was a farmer girl, she was a cow.
About a quarter mile into our journey, I got EGGED! In the HEAD! Can you believe, a drive-by egger? Jerk! It was a hard throw,and smacked me right on my left pig-tail. It hurt so bad that-- for a moment, I thought I had just been shot--until the yolk started spilling down. But just like every other hard-headed 13-year old(no pun intended),we kept on trucking along. By the end of the night we had a TON of candy, but I felt miserable, I stunk, and I had one crusty pig-tail. This is my last trick-or-treating memory. Thank you Macie for bringing the Halloween joy back to me!

(Thanks Sarah, for reminding me of this horrid event! You were a cute cow!)
1 comment:
Kat, you are so funny! I could totally see you on a quest for full size candy bars...egg in hair and all. I know you still want to dress up and go trick-or-treating! That is the beauty of having children...now we still can and nobody will throw eggs at us:-).
Post a Comment