Thursday, October 25, 2007

Return of the Bag

Ah, its that time of year again! Some people recognize the holiday season from the displays at the grocery store. Or maybe its the Pumpkin Spice lattes at Starbucks. I know one radio station that is already playing Christmas music. But, in our house, I know the season is here when Eric starts lugging around "the bag". If you know my husband, you know he loves to cook, and when the holidays approach, he is all about baking. He bakes everything fom bread to candy to cookies to pie, and he doesn't stop for three months. Kind of ironic given he won't eat a cookie to save his life. Kind of bad for my diet given I'm his primary taste tester.


Anyway, this bag contains miscellaneous ingredients like chocolate chips, vanilla, sprinkles, cookie cutters and more. Eric hauls this bag to work with him, and then home, and back to work--baking everywhere he goes. By December its in shambles, but it cracks me up. Anyway, the holidays are here, because "the bag" is back!


3 comments:

Colleen said...

I volunteer to be his secondary taste tester! :)

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO SON........AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOUR SISTER AND MOM IN RENO......SEND THEM ON DOWN!!!!!! LOVE YOU ALL
GRAMMIE, MOM AND PATSY
AND CAN'T FORGET THE TOTO

gina marie said...

I'll bet Eric doesn't eat a bite. I'll take his share:-).