Isn't this the way it works? Just when I feel I am at wits end, the (precious) child redeems herself, and I wonder how could I have felt so overwhelmed. I guess toddlers have their way.
This week, she's been sweet, funny, and always looking for a laugh. If she falls on her bum, she looks at me, I laugh, and she stands up, smiles, falls, and we laugh together.
She's found a loud and obnoxious Christmas toy (Disco Santa from an old work White Elephant), and she plays it over and over and over and over. And over again.
I found cookies at the bottom of the laundry basket, a corndog in my purse, and an old sippy cup full of milk (now way sour) under the bathroom sink.
Every morning she takes her blusher and empty blush container, sits in front of the fireplace, and applies her make-up. (This while I get a moment to apply my own in the bathroom.)
I am diligent at keeping our bedroom door closed in the morning because if it is open, she will collect miscellaneous items around the house (decor, toys, books, juice, etc), pile them around Eric's sleeping head-- then yell, "DADA!" As if just to wake him up.
She narrates while I fold laundry "Dada's pants, Mommy's shirt, Macie's socks".
She is keenly aware of the pantry door's status. If it opens, she comes running around the corner saying, "Cookie? Applesauce?" (Yes, she loves to eat).
And as always, Marlin and Tootse are prime entertainment. Marlin is beginning to show a little respect for her little body by running around her as opposed to plowing right over her when he comes inside.
So, that's where we are right now. I feel more connected to this girl than I have ever before. I love my buddy hanging out with me. The interaction is amazing.
4 comments:
I love this post. I can really relate. Breck seems to know how to melt my heart just when I'm ready to snap. The "corndog in your purse" had me laughing...found pistachios in mine yesterday. Macie has such great eyes..."Brown eyed girl... shalalalalalalalalalaladida."
Awww, what a sweet post. I can't wait till my little one gets here.
this made me cry...savor these days. before you know it she will not want to hang out with you all the time. Luke would even rather be in the bathroom with me while I go potty than playing alone...sweet times:-).
It only gets better from here. I love hanging out with my little Evelyn. And I'm glad you mentioned the corndog in your purse because it reminded me I still have chicken nuggets in mine from yesterday and I need to get them out before they become a science experiment.
Post a Comment