Saturday, November 15, 2008

in this music city

It's funny how now that we live in Music City:
  • About every other person we meet here in Nashville, is a song writer or singer (I think thats cool!).
  • My church here has the most amazing singers. I leave Sundays feeling like I just went to an awesome concert.
  • Macie is living in the right place. She LOVES music. She's learned to say "Music UP" in the car, because I could not stand the "uh uh uh!" any longer. Turns out, she just wants the volume adjusted :) * She does not prefer country, but rather R&B, and crazy enough, she likes rap, which I cannot stand, but if ever in midst of a tantrum while driving, a little switcheroo of the station, and if lucky enough to stumble upon Kanye, or Flo-rida, the tantrum is ceased.
  • Although we are in the home of Country Music, I feel somewhat obligated to enjoy country music more than the average Joe, but
  • I am actually less interested in country music than I have been in the past.

There is, however, one thing I know for sure. No matter where you are in life, it can be summed up in a country song.

And on that note: I want to thank my friends and worlds best husband who have come to my rescue after my bad week which (being dramatic as I can be) seemed worse than it really was. Because after my collision with a deer, and other unfortunate events, I had Monster Cookies at my door (thank you Andria), logistics settled in addition to a warm delicious meal (I love you, Eric). And, I am looking forward to a quick and fun visit from another (see you Friday, Brooke). Oh, and the comical relief that comes from Macie of course. Because she says randomly "Hi Deer, Buh bye Deer" while on the road which causes me to slam on the brakes, and search for what ends up being a cow in a pasture.

No comments: