So...
(For those of you who I have not told)I was chosen for the 8 week challenge at work. Excited as ever, as I feel this is a gift rather than a challenge. I get paid to get in shape :)
The eating regimen follows a 40-40-20 ratio, and I made this soup tonight (before Eric informed me he doesn't like soup. I guess that means more for me!. It turned out really good, so I thought I'd share. The basil is what makes the soup fantastic. Each serving has: Calories: 257 Carbohydrates: 27g Protein: 22g Fat: 7g
Chicken & Tortellini Soup:
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6
Ingredients
nonstick cooking spray
1 large yellow onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
3 carrots, thinly sliced
6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
9 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1/2 cup thinly shredded fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions
Spray a large saucepan with the nonstick cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and cook, stirring frequently, until softened about 8 minutes. Add chicken and stir 1 minute. Add the broth and tortellini and bring just to a simmer. Cook just until tortellini and chicken are cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in the basil and parsley. Serve in bowls, each topped with 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
2 comments:
yummm I love tortellini...I'll give this recipe a try.
i am making this tonight!
Post a Comment