Kind of.

I wondered what the heck the cashier at Publix was thinking when she gave this teddybear beanie baby to Macie as we were checking out.
Lady: "Here, would your little girl like to play with this" (as she dangles beanie baby merchandise in front of Macie's face).
Me: "Uh, sure" (Are you crazy lady? I do not want to buy that, and do you know anything about toddlers? They don't willingly give back things like this... especially in five minutes when you're done checking us out)
Lady rings up my items then starts to take beanie baby back.
Macie: "Muuaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!"
Me thinking: See what you started lady? I have to drive home with this girl! And she doesn't forget things like this!
Lady sees the terror in my face: "Oh dear!" Whispers: "You know, you can just keep that thing... no charge"
Don't get me wrong - this lady had only the best intentions, I'm sure. It was one of those things that started to aggravate me, and then I felt guilty later on for being aggravated...
I'd like to say someone paid for the little teddy bear that is known around our house as "Puppy Dog", although more than likely, it was kind of just taken. But, Puppy Dog has played a vital part of our lives over the past month or so. Macie refuses to go to bed without Puppy Dog, and let me tell you, Puppy Dog is easily lost, and has been found in the most unusual places. Puppy Dog is definitely one of Macie's most coveted toys. I have this funny feeling though, that had I actually paid for Puppy Dog, he'd just be another toy.
4 comments:
What a sweet picture. I looks like Puppy Dog is watching her sleep. That is a funny story. People have the best of intentions...but sometimes don't understand toddlers. You are probably right, if there wasn't a chance that she might lose Puppy Dog forever, he might not have as much appeal.
I love your line about "are you crazy lady...do you know anything about toddlers" - she totally redeemed herself though by giving Macie a gift : )
On another note, don't you love how they start using pillows to sleep. So cute!
Jackie
Kaytherynne.
Sometahms the Lo-rd puts us inta situay-shins thayat only th' Lo-rd understayands.
This beany-bayby is a DEVILS toy! Ah beleyeve thayat the Lo-rd was teystin' Mayce' to see if she hayad th' streygth to resist that toy of th' DEVIL.
She did not and thus hay-as succumb to th' DEVIL!
Kaythrynne, I just wanna pray with ya. Woul'd ya let me do that for ya? Hold own to ma hayands here. Close yer ahhhs....
Nice Mark! Evangelical (aka Mrs. Rosner) Mark! With a southern accent no less!
Post a Comment