Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting our feet wet


Literally, and figuratively.

We are definitely not ready for potty training yet. But, we are getting Macie used to the idea. The idea that there is another way... because I really look forward to the day I don't have to change a diaper.

Macie got a potty for Christmas. She loves it. It's still a sparkling clean, never been used bowl. Thank goodness, because recently I saw her taking her Goldfish crackers to the potty... then hours later, reaching into the potty for an afternoon snack.

Then Eric got Macie the DVD: Elmo goes Potty. Talk about a snoozer! Seriously, even Elmo can't make potty time seem all that exciting.

And recently, we've given her some big-girl panties. Every now and then she wears them, does a little dance, and then quickly we transition her into a diaper. And tonight, we weren't quick enough. She got her feet wet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the Elmo video. Breck loves Elmo, but leaves the room every time I put this video in. Let me know any secrets to potty training that you learn.

LaffyCaffi said...

You have to go potty in front of her. Show her how it's done. I know it sounds awkward. It's the only way she will learn. Have you done this yet?

Katie said...

Whatttt!>!>? Is it Elmo's Potty Time? We love that one!! We still have a ton of pee accidents but luckily number 2 makes it in the pot. She'll say, "It's a big one, Mom." Good luck, they say that girls are easier but not in my test case.

Amy said...

Awww, good luck! I don't know why, but whenever I come to your blog, I expect to see an announcement that you're pregnant again :)

Katherine said...

Yes Mark, thanks for that advice. Never knew you were the guru on this topic.

Katie, does Nora like the video? I don't know, maybe it's Elmo's dad that makes it less unappealing to Macie (and me)... but just like the Wiggles - maybe it will grow on us :)

Amy, Don't rule out a post announcing another pregnancy... but don't hold your breathe either ;)

Kat said...

okay so many people told me their kids love the wiggles and Julia does not remotely like it! We had a potty a long, long time before Julia ever went in it. She didn't go in the potty until after she was two for the first time.