Saturday, December 5, 2009

Not really a method to the madness here

Here's the proof.
I've been planning for Christmas for months now... last year I waited until the 11th hour to do anything, and this year cannot be the same!!
So, I've got all the goods and everything I need in arms distance. It doesn't look very nice, but the goal is for each gift to be carefully assembled with a lot of heart... lots of homemade goods this year!

The holidays are FULL of action, shopping, wrapping, baking, holiday parties. Seems like every year, everyone wants to turn it up a notch! I just signed myself up for a Dance off at the Office Party next Saturday.... OH NO! What was I thinking?!? I'll probably need a beverage or two before it begins, and already this is spelling disaster and/or humiliation. But, heck, I'll be the good sport and participate in this choreographed routine to Thriller (yes, that's right - Thriller).

Wishing you a happy season...with not TOO MUCH hustle and bustle. Take some time, and do something for yourself, because before you can do anything for anyone else, you have to take care of you!

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Would you believe I haven't even STARTED shopping? It's the evening of December 5th. Nineteen shopping days left. I better get a plan.

Katherine said...

Colleen, I have no doubt in my mind that you will whip out some sort of homemade perfection that sings halleluyia on Christmas Day... it's just the way you work :).

But if you do have to shop, 19 days is plenty of time!

Jackie said...

Happy holiday season to you all as well. Please video and blog your dance off :) for us.
Seems like the magic of the season is back having a 3 year old around...she loves the lights, the trees, the music, the family around, Santa, Baby Jesus...etc.

Our darn cat Sloan eats the wrapped gifts (ribbons and bows) - so nothing fancy goes under our tree :( Tootse must be well behaved!

Katherine said...

Hahaha Sloan.
That cat has some funny quirks :)

gina marie said...

Oh my gosh, katherine, you crack me up! Dance off at work? Thriller? Really? Oh, please have someone take pictures...or video!!! Where do you get your energy and time? I want some of both. Love you!