Here is BEFORE:
No accessories.Nothing on walls, oh except this framed art from Z Gallery that I ended up moving to the master bedroom... here
Way too many magazines sitting on the toilet top (Eric enjoys quality time in here)
See all the toys... Well guess what? Mama wants her sanctuary back. Macie's been kicked out - bath time is now in HER bathroom.

The bathmat was gross. It was white once... I think I bought it 7 years ago.
Overall, the bathroom was functional...but that's about it. So, it was time to tighten up. I really tried to keep the budget down. But, this room needed everything...
So off to Goodwill, Flea Market, Sherwin Williams, Target and TJ Max. Oh and a little online shopping.
Here is the mini-transformation. It was a lot of fun sticking to a budget and I like my new project... it adds focus to my shopping. I learned that I could have spent a LOT more money in here... and I wanted to. I want new faucets and new lighting, and new countertops, and maybe some beadboard would be nice...oh the list goes on and on. But I only have a month and $150. So...
I enlisted the help of Eric to expose himself to the fumes to re-finish the cabinets. (Thank you Sarah Gebhardt for this link among others!) I think he did a fantastic job (it must be in the genes - his dad is an exceptional, and professional furniture refinisher)
And this tray. I like it. I like the texture. I bought it at Goodwill for $1.99 and it ugly. I added gold paint to it.
See before?

See before? These are my frames from Goodwill. They were extra ugly to start, but I actually like them white!


Here's my tally:
Bath area:
$16 Window treatment on Clearance at JCPenney. STEAL!
$15 Vase on Clearance at TJMaxx
$12.99 Sprigs at Michaels
$0.00 Basket (already had. same with hand cloths).
$16 Set of 3 mirrors on Clearance at TJMaxx
Vanity Area:
$26 Trim around mirror from Home Depot.
$1.99 Tray from Goodwill. I put a gold sandy sheen on it... see the before:
Bath area:
$16 Window treatment on Clearance at JCPenney. STEAL!
$15 Vase on Clearance at TJMaxx
$12.99 Sprigs at Michaels
$0.00 Basket (already had. same with hand cloths).
$16 Set of 3 mirrors on Clearance at TJMaxx
Vanity Area:
$26 Trim around mirror from Home Depot.
$1.99 Tray from Goodwill. I put a gold sandy sheen on it... see the before:
$35 paint & glaze for re-surfacing wood.
sandy globe (we already had - I never knew where to put it!)
Ca mode (toilet area?):
$6 Frames: These were $1.49 each. They were U G L Y at Goodwill, see what a little spray paint will do?
$1.49 This shelf was red at Goodwill - spray painted.
$8.00 frame had art in it that replaced with my own Hilton Head Island photo...it was on Clearance at TJMaxx
New bath mats and towels from target... spent way more here than I planned.
$90.44
PHEW
Grand TOTAL:
$197.44
(So, I suppose I was in budget if you count the $54 rolled over from the Master Bedroom... so now I still have $6. UGH... that's going to be tough with the next room - Breakfast room... which also needs an overhaul. Looks like I'll be heading to the flea market!)
Oh, and while I'm here with a camera and a mirror... why not take a pic of my (RAPIDLY GROWING OMG WHY IS IT ALREADY SO BIG) belly.
4 comments:
Wow! love everything, especially the belly shot :)
LOVE what you have done!! I am going to do the same thing to my ugly honey oak bathroom vanity. It looks so much better:) My favorite new addition are the white spray painted frames. Those turned out so fancy! I come across more diy blogs everyday...I will try and keep sending them your way.
Can't wait to see the next room!
ps. Your belly is so big because you are having twins!! Surprise!:)
Sarah
I love the tray with all the stuff in it. I'm going to copy that idea for sure. You and your belly are beautiful.
Oh my gosh...your belly!!!! You are really showing!!! Oh, I am SO excited!!! My clothes should arrive Tuesday. Oh, and the bathroom looks awesome!!! You are such an inspiration!!!!
Post a Comment