Each month, I am going to focus on a room, tighten it up, make it nice.
$150/mo is my budget. With this money I will make final tweaks to make the room the way I like it, and any money left over gets rolled into the next month (next room). We have 10 rooms in our house, so I expect to be done NEXT MARCH. I'm excited!
Today, May 1 began with the Master Bedroom. I didn't devise my plan (much less think I would be sharing it on the blog) until about 30 minutes ago, so I didn't take a "before" photo of this room. I'll be sharing before photos in the future. Nonetheless, I'm happy to say $80 later, and now... I LIKE MY ROOM! Mission 1 - COMPLETE! Maybe I will splurge on new lampshades, but maybe I want to save that cash for my next room (which is the Master Bathroom).
Here's what I did:
New curtains x4 panels@ $15 each. (previous ones were white cotton BLAH, inherited from previous owner)
1 new light fixture (to be installed) @ $20...current one is brass.
TOTAL: $80 --> $70 to ROLLOVER.
The wall art above the dresser actually came from our breakfast room. I think it looks MUCH better here, PLUS, I have a PLAN for the Breakfast room (that happens in July)!
This room was not all that creative, but I look forward to getting creative... making a stop at Salvation Army, and the Habitat for Humanity overstock store, Craigslist, and ooh, it's Garage Sale season! It just feels good to have a plan!
UPDATE:
After looking at my own photo of the master bedroom, I couldn't stop thinking about lampshades. I knew that I wanted chocolate brown lampshades, but where would I find those? I looked everywhere: Bed Bath Beyond, Macy's, Overstock, even Pottery Barn. And then I stumbled on exactly what I wanted at Target. YES! 2 lampshades $15. Then, I decided I didn't like the curtains tied in a knot. So, I bought some "hold backs" $8 for each window.


I moved framed art OUT of the master bath because it looked like it belonged more in our bedroom. AHHHH. NOW I can rest.... COMPLETE.
Here is my tally cost:
$30 window treatments
$16 hold backs
$30 lampshades
$20 light fixture
--------------------
Grand Total: $96
Rollover: $54
5 comments:
This is my inspiration. I want to copy. I was just telling Ryan that I am sick of our bedroom looking like my dorm room (my dorm room looked better.) Yours looks great!!
Katie, do it with me! Let's start a blogging fix up our rooms club! Create your own budget, but stick with it, roll over the left overs, take before and after photos!
I just love the way you think! You always inspire me! I am going to copy you...once again:-). Actually, I think if maybe I could get one room clean each month I would be on the right track:-)
Love it! Love it! Love it!
I invite anyone to do this with me...BUT, you have to blog about it.
Post a Comment