I wasn't prepared for the how HARD it was going to be even 2 days a week. It was apparent from the first day that it was just too much (and likely if I didn't quit, I'd probably get fired for being so high maintenance). Getting to work was a feat in itself: Between diaper changes, feedings, breakfasts, and bows, I hardly could find a minute to do my own hair and makeup. Then, two drop=offs, and almost every day I forgot my breakfast, and I would arrive late. Then, every 3 hours, I'd leave to go nurse Finley. Then, two pick-ups, dinners, baths, phew! That all was a lot harder than I expected.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Career Change
I was actually a little bit excited about returning to work. I felt extremely gracious to have the opportunity to come back on a part-time basis. And I loved my workplace. Mostly for the people... minus the politics. I also really loved our mission in wellness. I liked that our vending machines didn't offer any junk food or real soda. I liked that fitness classes were offered every day by trainers. We have a great onsite fitness center. I loved that the elevator would only take you to the 3rd floor... and stairs were required to get to the 4th. And I loved the abundant knowledge of nutrition, exercise and health that surrounded me. Everyone was CPR certified (except me, haha!). I had a great boss, and I loved my team. I liked the view from my desk. So... I was happy to remain an employee.

I wasn't prepared for the how HARD it was going to be even 2 days a week. It was apparent from the first day that it was just too much (and likely if I didn't quit, I'd probably get fired for being so high maintenance). Getting to work was a feat in itself: Between diaper changes, feedings, breakfasts, and bows, I hardly could find a minute to do my own hair and makeup. Then, two drop=offs, and almost every day I forgot my breakfast, and I would arrive late. Then, every 3 hours, I'd leave to go nurse Finley. Then, two pick-ups, dinners, baths, phew! That all was a lot harder than I expected.
Looking forward to this next chapter - me and the girls. This summer, Macie's taking a break from school before she returns for Pre-K. And the best part is that I get to enjoy Eric's days off with him too. I'm going to cut back on shopping, maybe get a little more ambitious with cleaning, organizing and cooking, AND I have vowed to make Eric's protein pudding for him every night. Time to join a mom's group, and go to story time at the library!
I wasn't prepared for the how HARD it was going to be even 2 days a week. It was apparent from the first day that it was just too much (and likely if I didn't quit, I'd probably get fired for being so high maintenance). Getting to work was a feat in itself: Between diaper changes, feedings, breakfasts, and bows, I hardly could find a minute to do my own hair and makeup. Then, two drop=offs, and almost every day I forgot my breakfast, and I would arrive late. Then, every 3 hours, I'd leave to go nurse Finley. Then, two pick-ups, dinners, baths, phew! That all was a lot harder than I expected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really understand the pull to be with your girls. man i LOVE the library. Storytime, games, books, computers, etc. Free entertainment! Zoo membership, pixie skate at skate city, parks, friends - you're going to have a blast !
Enjoy! You're an amazing lady and your family is so blessed.
You are going to love it! You are an amazing mom and I know you are going to be deeply missed in the workforce as well.
Post a Comment