AAAAAAND Back to work. I started back on a Thursday to ease the pain. We had our babysitter Angie come to our house to take care of Finley that first day. Angie sent me texts every 10 minutes which was just what I needed.
After work, Eric said, "How was your first day back?"
"Ehhh".
And then he totally twisted my arm when he said, "You should just stay home with the girls"
Next day at work, I put in my notice. I'm going to be a stay-at-home mom - eh hem, or rather, a "Domestic Engineer".
The truth is, part-time sounded like a dream, but we never were able to find a childcare option for Finley that would work without being a complete hassle.
I still have 2 weeks of work work. and after that I will be staying home. Maybe eventually I'll rejoin the workforce. Or, like Eric suggested, I could sew childrens clothing and sell them. I'm not sure if he has noticed, but the sewing machine he bought me 4 years ago still hasn't been opened. Either way, I am super looking forward to the summer with the girls, and super thankful for Eric who has worked so hard to allow me this option. yey.
The truth is, part-time sounded like a dream, but we never were able to find a childcare option for Finley that would work without being a complete hassle.
I still have 2 weeks of work work. and after that I will be staying home. Maybe eventually I'll rejoin the workforce. Or, like Eric suggested, I could sew childrens clothing and sell them. I'm not sure if he has noticed, but the sewing machine he bought me 4 years ago still hasn't been opened. Either way, I am super looking forward to the summer with the girls, and super thankful for Eric who has worked so hard to allow me this option. yey.
4 comments:
Oh yeah...I am so glad that you will be home!!! Eric you are such a wonderful husband and Father....please tell me I instilled some of that in you!!! Babies come first.......Kat you are soooo very fortunate to be able to do that. I was a stay at home Mom until the divorce. I enjoyed it all, fighting, camping, skating, biking,swimming,football, basketball and most of all BAND!!!! Oh and Nicole's ballet lessons....all 2 of them......she hated it!!!
Love to all Grammie
WooHoo!!!
Staying at home is so wonderful.... and hard, and exhausting, and sometimes mindless but awesome because you are with your beautiful babies!!!
Balance is hard. I am about to be a stay at home mom, myself. And my kids will be in school next fall. I should be the fittest person around. No excuses..
I am already promising gourmet meals, cleaner house, etc. Congrats to you and Eric. You guys make a great team!!
Now you guys just need to come back to Colorado so that we can hang out and our girls can play! ; )
You will totally rock the at home mom thing! You will find your groove! You are lucky to have the options. Your stay-cation looks awesome!
Post a Comment