Wednesday, July 9, 2008

All that is art

Eric. He is a person of extreme, passion, and loyalty. I am fascinated by his depth. He is strong, he is devoted, he is soft, he is determined, he witty, he is Eric.
Some may not know that my husband, with his tough exterior, is also an artist in more ways than one. Hand him a pen, and a scrap of paper and let him express his thoughts perfectly on paper. I found this poem, and asked if I could put it on our blog. It is honest. Not totally happy, but honest of where he was in that very moment. Which happens to be almost 2 years into a mostly tough 5 year contract.

Where do I start,
Where do I finish,
I might as well be the best,
Since I am all in this.
Sacrifice is my vice
is that possible?
The balance between work and family
is my obstacle
Hours fly by and the days pass
So do the times I miss my daughter's laughs.
I'm the head of the house,
Yet I am invisible
I see pasta more than I see my spouse,
That is miserable.
I am invincible,
So I once thought,
I am learning hard lessons
from what this life has taught.
I am in this,
so I might as well finish.......

6 comments:

Amy said...

Eric is very talented!

LaffyCaffi said...

The flow of it feels like rap, rather than a typical poem, but what do I know! But I will say that its awesome, and I think that's so cool that he's got a great way to put his thoughts out there. Strong work.

P.S. I love my Stuff on my Cat book, THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

your work needs to be published.......so very proud of you my son. thanks kat for posting it.

love you all, miss you!!!! sad here now nicole leaves tomorrow!!!!

grammie, toto and piper

gina marie said...

That totally made me cry. It is honest and how a lot of dads must feel who work hard day after day to provide for their family.

Katie said...

tears...

Colleen said...

Wow!