Thursday, July 3, 2008

I love your advice

I really enjoyed reading the comments from my post with the houses. Do I have a mind of my own? Sometimes, I am not sure. And actually, it's one of those things I constantly try to improve. You know, not caring what anyone else thinks? But the majority votes for Eric's fav house made me like my favorite less. Still though, I was not sold on Eric's. It is very small and has a formal dining room. That bugged me. Anywhoooo---
Eric and I spent a morning last week looking at houses. We pulled up to a beautiful house with stairs to the entry. He liked the house immediately, and I said, "Uh, I don't know... imagine groceries and Macie and eventually a baby..." and he rolled his eyes. He looked at me and said, "That was a comment on your blog."
Hehehe. It was. But it was a good point, you know?
Well, after looking inside, we decided against that particular house, and instead found another beauty. What do you think? Eric handled all the negotiations (he even got them to give us some of their furniture!), and the inspection is on Monday. Just like I did with our last house, I find myself with anxiety every now and then. It's about a 20 mile commute for Eric, and there isn't a lot of shopping or restaurants very close. It's a little bit of a secluded neighborhood. BUT, it is the perfect house for us. We found everything we wanted in a home, in this one. And, it speaks volumes that Eric and I both loved and agreed on it.
Also, plenty of room, people. Come visit!

5 comments:

gina marie said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to come visit!!!

Congrats!

Amy said...

It's gorgeous! Hope you get it!

Anonymous said...

Why is the roof like that? Looks like structural damage to me.

Good luck!
Jared

Katie said...

oh my gosh, it's beautiful! and i can take a hint, i'll try to keep my big mouth shut, but i'll only try ;)

Amanda Spake said...

Love the house, it looks beautiful! Hope all goes well with the closing (i'm finally closing on mine next friday!) yay!!