Saturday, July 19, 2008

I love it, don't take it away

The emotional rollar coaster of a toddler.

I gave her a sucker once in the library to appease her for for a moment, then I was struck with fear that the candy would break off and she would choke. Let me tell you, she made me pay! We had to leave the library, and her screams were probably heard from even outside.

The swing set that sits outside our apartment. We will never be able to just "walk by". And when we swing, 30 minutes is never enough-- even if its all the time we have.

Yesterday we unexpectedly walked by these cool fountains downtown. Of course, I let her play, only to deal with the tantrum that came when I said we had to leave because of her drenched dress and waterlogged diaper. All other afternoon plans had to be cancelled.
And later, we got a package from Aunt Gina. These packages only mean good things! Shoes! Macie is a shoe girl. She wanted them on before I could even take off the tags. The very best thing is that I NEVER have to take these off her feet. She can take a bath with them if she wants. So perfect. Thank you, Aunt Gina!

3 comments:

gina marie said...

You are welcome! I am glad she likes her shoes...she can even wear them in the fountain and on the swings...while she sucks on a lollipop or does other things. She can where them here or there. She can wear them anywhere!

I think they will even stay on during a tantrum:-).

Katie said...

oh man, i had to see this right after a day from you know where with my dramatic almost two year old. i am trying very hard to remember to soak it in. of course the moments of sweetness far surpass the moments of disarray. tomorrow, we go to the zoo!

Katherine said...

No, I don't know where... where?