Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wonderfully Untraditional

That is my family. And with all the extensions of my family, every visit home is action-packed, scheduled down to the last minute. Gina and I decided to both make an impromptu trip to Colorado so that we could see eachother, and the babies too (and of course, our family). Just so happened that Gina had a lay-over in Denver back home from her family vacation to Texas. I had an airline credit and could afford a trip home (because flights to CO from TN are much more expensive than they were from KS).
Macie loved the attention. Where is Luke? In a corner somewhere?
Jay was BRAVE... and so was Gina to allow him to get a...
Mohawk!
Waterplay... Macie jumped in despite the frigid water.
When the water warmed up, all the kids hopped in.
I don't know about everyone else, but I never quit eating.
Mark turned 32. He thinks wine connoseurs are full of crap, so we had a wine tasting... turns out, he prefers the cheap stuff.
Talent show. Macie was supposed to do a dance, and she kind of froze. So, she helped Olivia play the Pink Panther.
Jay, however, did not freeze. He wowed everyone with his crazy break-dancing moves.
Surprise and other impromptu visits by two of my aunts.
Aunt Chicky on the left: VP of Franscesca's boutique. She came bearing gifts.
Aunt Matilda on the right: She's been afraid to fly for like 30 years. She faced her fears and flew to Colorado- yey!
Can you see the love? Macie ADORED Jay. She LOVED Olivia too. Crampa was not feeling the love from Macie. Poor Crampa.
At least somebody loves him!
Bedtime was never easy. See how she responds to "sleep"?
And neither were thrilled about their sleeping arrangement. I caught Macie yelling at Luke during naptime.
Last, but not least, I spent Monday night with my mom. Wine and The Bachelorette. What could be better?


5 comments:

gina marie said...

We had so much fun! I wish we could do this every week! Well, maybe not, I would weigh 300lbs. But definitely more than once a year!!!! I miss you all.

Love, Gina

Amy said...

Aww, what a fun trip! I got to watch the Batchelorette with my sis on Monday since Jared and I are living with my parents again. I hear you on the eating.. we have been eatin GOOD since my mom is cookin for us.

Colleen said...

Sounds like a PERFECT trip! Families are the BEST. If you ever make it back to Kansas, I hope you squeeze us into your plans. We miss cute little Macie face a ton!!!

--Colleen

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Macie making her bedtime face. Your vacation looked like a lot of fun. All the kids look like they are having a blast in the water. I've noticed the mohawk is really making a come back. I've noticed a lot of boys Grant's age with them, most of them are soccer players.

Anonymous said...

the previous post was from me. I forgot to check my name.