Trying:
- To gear up for the next 3 weeks. We close on our house on Aug 20. "Yey" is all I can say. I'm glad we didn't jump into anything right away, but apartment living is less than desirable with a dog, a toddler, groceries, and excruciating heat beating down on my black car.
- To get my life organized. Staying home with Macie is great, but it does not equal accomplishing more. In fact, sometimes I feel things are even more chaotic because I find I am not as diligent at keeping order (I can do it tomorrow type of thinking).
- Not to be so darn weak. Macie still sleeps with the binky. I after 20 minutes of her high shrilled scream, I gave in, and haven't tried to take it away since.
- To keep Macie's healthy eating going. Praise is key! A bite of broccolli is followed by claps by everyone!
- To accept the fact that my movie theater days are over for awhile. I never did get to see Sex in the City. Today I took Macie to the earliest showing of Mamma Mia! It was looking good for awhile as she danced in her (booster) seat to each song while holding her sippy cup and eating her raisins. But when she said "All Done". I knew I had negative 2 seconds to get out of there. I saw an hour of it, I guess I'll catch the second hour on DVD.
- To think of a "Health and Wellness" topic for a 15 minute presentation. I have a second interview with a Healthcare company on Monday. I think might be going back to work here soon. I wish part-time was an option.
- To tame Eric's enthusiasm for the upcoming NFL season. He is certain that this year is the year of the Dolphin, although, he was certain of the same thing last year, and well-- they won 1 (yes, thats right) game. Let's keep our expectations low, and we'll be happy in the end ;-) (I love you babe)!
6 comments:
YAY!!!! Macie ate broccoli!!! Don't worry about the binky. Let her have her little comfort at bedtime...nothing wrong with that. I am sitting here sipping on coffee and believe me, if someone took that away from me I would scream too. Good luck with your interview...I can't wait to hear what you come up with. Don't worry about being organized...enjoy this time home with Macie. I am so excited about your house...I can't wait to come visit. Go DOLPHINS!
thanks for the laugh. i second what your sister said, yay for broccoli and don't worry about the binky. i am so shocked at how we, as moms, worry so much. we all need to relax but i totally do it too. sex and the city was the first movie i saw in the theater since october 2004!
p.s. sorry no caps, nora is preventing me from my shift key.
Now YOU are tilting your camera, too? Katherine! And if Gina taught you that, then I am REALLY disappointed in both of you!
No Camera No Tilt!
Other than that, great post. Macie is a cutie. Take away that binkie, time for operation no-coddle. ;) Just kidding, what do I know.
Mark: Gina told me that tilting the camera makes photos look more professional. I agree.
Mark, you taught ME the camera tilt technique. Is that passe now? You need to tell us these things!
Don't sweat the binky. Evelyn just kicked her sucking the thumb habit at 6. I thought she would never learn to fall asleep without her thumb in her mouth. She quit cold turkey as soon as her first tooth fell out. Let us know how your interview goes. You will do great!
Post a Comment