Monday, June 2, 2008

I would appreciate some advice

I'm sure many moms can relate...Except for those who say, "My child never cries..." -- to which, I say I cannot relate to you...

Macie can be a handful. Often I wonder if I am doing this Mom thing right. Shrills, screams, tantrums on the floor. She has just learned that clawing my face is NOT ok. My sister gets many calls from me asking "Is this normal?"
Just last week, I witnessed (via phone) Luke having a fit of his own-- and relief set in. It is all so normal.
But what is funny is that just when I think I might lose my mind...she turns into this little angel. One so sweet, so gentle, so kind... I don't know where the kid from last week went.

I convinced myself that I need a book. Does anyone have any recommendations on a book about raising a toddler? Let me know before next week. Macie is being good this week, but I'll probably need something by next. Thanks!

4 comments:

gina marie said...

Aaaaaw...I can't believe that she cries or throws fits. Just look at that sweet little face!!! She's a perfect little angel!

Katie said...

oh my gosh, is she cute though! AND so normal. let's see: Raising Your Strong Willed Child. 1-2-3 Magic. or how about Naptime is the New Happy Hour. I own all three books but that last one is right on and funny (and recommended by Kel).

Anonymous said...

ummmmmmmmmmm could this be inherited from auntie nicole....lol not to worry.the best and worst is yet to come!!!! this is a test!!!!

love that little face.kiss it for me.

love grammie

Unknown said...

Totally read Naptime is the New Happyhour! It is hilarious.
But for some really good advice I have been told the "love and Logic" series. I guess there is many of them and also a website. I haven't read them yet...but I think about it alot.
Love ya and she is too cute!!!
Kelly