We want to discover Nashville because it's got a lot going on, but I miss Kansas City. I miss the Deanna Rose farmstead, Science City, the fountains and all other kinds of stuff that would make Macie say "Ooh!"
I googled for activities in Nashville and discovered that today marks the beginning of the Country Music festival. Yey! Kick-off is today with a parade!!
So, we packed up. Temps topped off at 98 degrees. Needless to say, it was sweaty and hot, but I was bound and determined to see someone famous... even if in a parade. My flip-flop broke, Macie got grouchy, and it was crowded. But the parade would start, and surely some big names would be coming through. We waited, and it was painful. People cheered and I was sure the next person coming down the line would be Faith or Tim, or Carrie, or Martina..., but at the end of the day, the most famous person I saw was this dude. Bet you don't even know who he is, do you? It's Phil Stacey from American Idol. Blagh.
6 comments:
Hahahaha...Phil Stacy...who? Oh well. It sounds like a REALLY fun day...NOT! I love that you are getting out there though and exploring the community, that is the only way to truly find out what is great and what isn't so great...now you know the Country Music Festival Parade...not so great. Macie is adorable.
P.S. When can you use your phone again? Finally you are home during the day but now out of minutes. I have SO much I have to tell you!!! (Okay, not really that much but I miss talking to you...call me).
Hahaha, that would be so dissapointing. But, I would be thrilled just to see the horses.. that's just me though :) I bet Macie enjoyed it.
haha! Don't worry your day with someone famous is right around the corner. Our old town had parades every month. At first it was kinda cool but in the heat of summer I dreaded those tractors and all the candy they threw at you. At least now you know.
Hi Katherine! Love seeing your blog posts and hearing about what's going on with you 3. (I am going to comment on all 3 posts here.) :) That lovely jogging trial looks so nice! And although I don't have a child, I have a niece and she was quite the handful around Macie's age. My sister would tell you not to worry, it is normal. But I'm sorry I don't have a book title for you. So glad you are enjoying Nashville. We miss you here!!
I CANNOT get over how grown up Macie looks in all these photos. We are all missing her like crazy around here. Your jogging trails look like a beautiful little escape ... and I think date nights should be EVERY Friday. Hang in there with the tantrums; there's a nice little window between toddlers and teens that you will really enjoy! :)
Post a Comment