Friday, June 27, 2008

Lunch Dates










It can't get any cuter. These two are the same size, toddle the same way, but have way different personalities. Luke will answer any question with "Yeah!" Macie has shown him a thing or two on how to throw a *good* tantrum (you know, really throw yourself on the ground, etc.).

Here are some photos from several lunch dates we have had together (all from the same day actually... seems like these kids are always eating!). One lunch date went... NOT WELL AT ALL. As Gina and I were scrambling to find something for the kiddos to eat, the peanut butter and jelly seemed like a good standby. Neither Macie or Luke has had peanut butter, but I read that after 12 months, you can try it if there aren't any major indicators of allergies. So, Macie and Luke split a half of a pb&j sandwich. Luke ate the side with the jelly. Make took a few bites and was finished. 10 minutes later, Luke had hives all over his face and tummy. 10 more minutes and he was at the ER. Now, we know... this boy cannot have peanut butter, and Gina gets to carry an Epi-pen with her at all times. Fun, right? Scary, really. Aghhhhhhh!
Anyway, that is the last of PB&J.



2 comments:

Katie said...

OMG! That must have been very scary. I was hiking yesterday with River when I offered a friend's little girl a PB and Peach sandwich. She was highly allergic. I felt bad just having the stuff close by.

Those two cousins are so cute it hurts. I love his rooster do and her high pony! Too cute.

gina marie said...

That was so much fun!!! I miss you both already!

Love, Gina