Maybe because all the tough stuff thats come along with having a baby has never really felt like a "job" to me. Its not even a chore. I think of feeding the dog as a chore... but somehow, feeding the baby, bathing the baby, rocking the crying baby, changing the baby, etc. It just feels like part of life. Not a job. And I don't really feel I slow down enough to think of how tough it is... I just keep on doing it because I love it, and the incentives and rewards are so awesome!
But, apparently, a break is necessary and it feels so nice. I am so thankful that yesterday, I could drop Macie off at daycare, and spend the day celebrating me (cause its my BIRTHDAY yo!).
I planned my day... and the day was ALL mine! It was awesome.
Starting with breakfast with some friends who were back in town for the holiday. Haven't done breakfast in WAY too long! It was so great to catch up with Nichole and Brooke.
Then to the SPA! Yep! Thanks to my friend Sara, she was unable to use this gift from her man before moving out-of-town (side note-- why are all my friends moving?). Well, I reaped the rewards. It WAS awesome! Thanks Sara!
Then to the movies (chick flick) with Brooke. We saw "P.S. I love you" That movie makes you want to run home and kiss your husband. So, thats what I did. And, who'd have guessed I would have my FAVORITE treat waiting in the kitchen! YUM! Followed by a bag of' goodies--- these not so practical, but thats ok (cause its my BIRTHDAY yo!).

And then... I am "Mom" again. And I am rejuvenated, and happy, and so excited, and so thankful. So excited in fact, that we got in our mom-daughter p.j.s! Super rewarding, as Macie knew it was my birthday, and was on her best behavior (as told from this photo).
And then Macie went to sleep, and my sweet husband painted my nails (he gets an A for effort), and also tended to the restless baby during the night.
2 comments:
Sounds like an awesome day. Happy Late Birthday!!! Love those jammies.
Macie hates her pajammas. But it looks like you be havin a Pajama-Jammie Jam!
Yesterday I had another one of those moments, where I start observing about something and wondering about it... Anyway, I was at King Soop's where I noticed one of those little horsie rides. This little girl walked up to it, dropped a penny into the thing and jumped on for a wild ride. Two thoughts came to mind:
1. I would like to design one of those machines that looks innocent and takes a penny, but to the rider's surprise bucks like a rodeo machine at one of those cowboy bars. And the only thing different about the appearance of it is a little strap with instructions: Please insert hand under strap and drop a penny into the machine. It would go up and down, kind of slow at first and around in circles and just get faster and faster....
In my opinion, we would have a lot of tougher kids if we could put my machines in every grocery store in the country.
2. I have always wanted to make a movement to try to get the government to abandon the penny from the US currency... Well, if my machine makes it into grocery stores... nevermind. I want the penny.
Post a Comment