So...
Earlier this week, I was picking up Macie from Colleen's house. Macie has the "wave" down. She is literally waving every chance she gets... but as Colleen and I were chatting: "Macie's last bottle was..." "She took a short nap today..." Macie interupts with a wave and a "Buh Bye!!!" Colleen and I looked at each other with our jaws dropped!
It was a fluke, but it was then and there that Macie learned her B's, and from the car ride home til now, "Ba ba baba" is what I hear.
When Marlin comes around, Macie says "Doh!" I think she knows he is a Dog, and she says the closest thing- Doh! In fact, I think she knows more than we give her credit for. She is a little smarty pants! (Speaking of pants, still not able to button those jeans!)
And crawling....nope, not yet. BUT this morning she did a little army crawl clear across the living room for the remote control. Our wooden floors helped a bit with that. As long as she progresses, I am not worried.
So this Blog thing vs. Scrap book thing. Who knows how long "Blogger" will be around. I have to have a hard copy of this. SO, I copied all the photos on my this blogspot to a disk, and I plan on making a photo album that reflects our blog almost identically. (Eh hemmm--Eric, this is a HINT-- I need a photo album!) It will sit on our coffee table and it will represent 2007. By the way, 2007 happens to be my favorite year EVER.
Our lives changed, and it is the most amazing thing EVER. Macie was sent to us. She was made for us. She is a gift to us. She is a true blessing to us. Eric said it best when he said that your heart has to grow to fit the love in. It (the experience), she(Macie), and HE (The Lord) are truly Awesome.
4 comments:
Katherine, it's Amy Kuntz from work! You may not know, but I stalk your blog all the time. lol. Jared gave me your blog shortly after you had Macie. Anyways, I just HAD to leave a comment on this post because there is a site that allows you to turn your blog into a book. The site is www.blurb.com. A friend of mine has used this and it turned out relly really well. It's pretty reasonably priced too.
Your daughter is adorable and I love reading about you guys.
Don't worry too much about the crawling....once they start moving, they will never be still again. Trust me.....you will miss these days. But, once she can push herself up to sitting from her tummy, you know she is very close. You guys are so lucky!! I can't wait to have my own.
Hey Amy! THANK YOU for letting me in on that website. That saves me a ton of work. I'm totally excited!
I am worried about Macie. She should be walking by now. Heck, she should be running hurdles. I am worried.
She should also be speaking at least two other languages fluently.
Post a Comment