Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Reason for the Season

I read a commentary by Roland Martin today called "You Can't take Christ out of Christmas"
Never heard of Roland Martin (maybe I should know him? I dunno), but I agree with the things he said... I am all about saying Happy Hanukkah to someone who may be Jewish... And I respect that not everyone believes in the birth of Jesus. BUT... I also believe that Christmas has a reason. And as commercialized as it has become (or always has been), we should be able to say Christmas without worrying about offending someone. So MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Colleen, Macie's daycare provider, is celebrating with her 4 children (not children, but highschool/college kids) and they are not buying gifts this year, but making eachother gifts. I think that is so awesome. Some day I would love to be able to do something like that...I better practice some sort of skill set. Maybe if I REALLY focus 2008 on learning to sew, I will LOVE to sew! Then, 2009 will bring new draperies, new clothes, new pillows, new new new and HOMEMADE too!
And in case you were wondering... Macie got all dolled up in her GINGERBREAD outfit for her photo. We got that outfit last Christmas from Nicole (Eric's sister)... Why is it so darn fun to dress little babies up?
Here is another photo for you to enjoy the whole outfit.

3 comments:

gina marie said...

Merry Christmas! I love the idea of making gifts! Colleen is so cool...I want to be like Colleen! And Macie is so cute in her gingerbread outfit!

Love, Aunt Gina

P.S. I also think people should say "I love you" more. I love you, Katherine, Macie and Eric!!!!

Katie said...

I knew it!!! I'm so smart :)
Merry Christmas! and LOVE YOU,
Katie

Colleen said...

Thanks for sharing a full-body photo in gingerbread attire. I love her face in the headshot below, but now I can see her gumdrop buttons!

Wow! WE even made it into your blog...a whole paragraph about our "homemade" Christmas. I feel so honored.

p.s. Merry Christmas Everyone!
p.p.s. I love you, Martino family!