Thursday, December 13, 2007

Welcome to female bonding


Every year, since I was 13 years old, my mom and I have made a weekend of shopping and wrapping presents in Denver. We shop hard, dine out, and stay in a beautiful hotel with an atrium balcony over-looking a big Christmas tree and Christmas music. It is an awesome tradition, it seems to always snow, and I always leave with the Christmas spirit!
Gina and Luke joined us this year... as did Macie (of course). It was a weekend to remember. I left Colorado with the spirit... but also with the need for a tension massage. See Gina's blog for a recap...

Here is what is awesome:

3 Cheers to traditions!! Im proud to say we've done this for 14 years, and counting!
My mom goes out of her way to always keep it special!
Gina and Luke surprised me this year! I didnt think they were coming, and I was bummed!
Snow!
Colorado!
Shopping!
Long chats and quality time together!

Here is what went a little crazy:

2 babies added to the mix. Need I say more?


2 comments:

gina marie said...

Don't forget the stomach flu! That always makes it special!!!

Katie said...

that is an awesome tradition. makes me want to do the same with nora. heck, we could just start now! the bug, not so awesome. but i am still glad we got to see each other at least for a little while.